The mission of Connected Threads Asia is to educate consumers about the negative social and environmental impacts of the fashion industry and providing them sustainable alternatives. We believe that education plays a vital role for this change to happen. We are always looking at ways to inspire the community by providing new and relevant initiatives and opening doors for collaboration.
We saw the demand for more information on how we can incorporate sustainability in Singapore Fashion businesses. Hence, we have come up with this initiative Fashion Sustainability 101 Series to help existing/immerging fashion brands, fashion designers and fashion practitioner to be more equipped with knowledge/information on how they can incorporate sustainability on their respective businesses or community
The first topic is about CERTIFICATION, to help us understand the following:
• What is Certification?
• Help understand the importance and benefits of CERTIFICATION
• What are the processes to get certified?
• What are the requirements to get certification?
7.15pm ~ Networking and Registration
7.15pm ~ Introduction
7.25pm ~ the Content (3 speakers)
9.00pm ~ the Networking & the End
Be inspired and informed by these incredible Certification representatives:
• Jacqui Hocking- Managing Partner- VSS- B Corp Representative
• Dragos Necula- Co-founder Etrican- GOTS Representative
• Maja Draaisma- World Fair Trade Organization- Asia
Entry by donation or as you please :)